Frequently Asked Questions, Terms & Conditions
Do I need A Driving Licence?
YES! You will need to bring a valid driving licence with you if you wish to drive a snow mobile. We will need to see this before you can drive. Passengers do not need a driving licence.
How Fast Do We Go?
We drive at around 20kph this ensures everyone is comfortable and safe. It also means that you appreciate the scenery rather than it passing in a blur. We do not recommend this tour for adrenaline seekers expecting full throttle. The Snowmobiles are a “tool” for getting out into the wild and to experience nature in all its spectacular glory.
Is Food Provided?
YES! On return to Camp Troll you will be provided with a locally produced warm meal and hot drinks around the campfire. On the tour itself we will stop and enjoy a warm drink whilst taking in the view. Vegetarian/Vegan and other dietary requirements can be catered for. Please bring any additional snacks with you.
Does Everyone Get To Drive A Snowmobile?
Everyone with a valid driving licence will get the opportunity to drive, and we switch drivers at the halfway point. There are 2 guests per snowmobile!
What Do I Wear?
Although you obviously need to dress warmly for the Arctic winter, we will provide thermal overalls, boots, woollen socks mittens, balaclavas, and helmets. You MUST bring your own gloves to wear under the mittens provided by us due to Covid 19.
How Do I Get There?
We are based near Svensby ferry terminal in Lyngen, so we are simple to find.
We arrange transfers from Tromsø, Lyngseidet and Aurora Fjord Cabins.
Is The Tour Suitable for Children?
Children over the age of 7 are welcome, as long as they are able to hold onto a snowmobile unassisted. All children under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult.
How Long Do I Spend On A Snowmobile?
From leaving Camp Troll to arriving back at camp is approximately 2.5 hours. This is dependent on weather conditions.
How Long is the Snowmobile Season?
Generally the season is from the beginning of December until the end of March. Please note this is dependent on weather conditions and will vary from season to season.
Can I Go On The Tour If I Have Never Driven A Snowmobile Before?
Yes, this is great for beginners and you will be given full instructions on how to handle your snowmobile before setting off.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
At Camp Troll AS we pride ourselves on attention to health and safety and take our clients’ enjoyment seriously. Many of the environments we explore do present hazardous elements. For the safety of everyone involved we have placed certain restrictions on participants of our activities. These restrictions are detailed on our webpage www.camptroll.no under the specific activity: – Please take note of these restrictions; as we cannot screen every client prior to coming, we rely on honesty. We reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone who is out with these guidelines. A refund may not be given in such circumstances. It is the organizers’ responsibility to inform their group of these restrictions.
A parental consent form must be completed for anyone under the age of 18 on all of Camp Troll activities. Anyone under the age of 14 must have a parent or chaperon (over the age of 18) present during the activity. Participants may be asked to sign a risk acceptance form on arrival highlighting medical conditions. Things that may pose a problem are: Pregnancy, Skeletal and Muscular Problems, Heart and Respiratory Problems, Recent Operations. If any of these affect you please phone for advice – Asthma and diabetes do not normally restrict participation. Please bring all medication you require.
PLEASE NOTE – CAMP TROLL RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE PARTICIPATION TO CLIENTS THEY BELIEVE TO BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCHOL OR DRUGS AND IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES NO REFUNDS SHALL BE GIVEN
Finally, please note that minimum numbers are required to run certain trips. If this number is not achieved before 18:00 the day before the trip is due to go ahead, one of our office staff will contact you to make suitable alternative arrangements. Please make sure you have provided us with your up to date contact information.
Terms & Conditions
- Payment – Reservations will be confirmed on the receipt of a full payment of the total booking. Debit card payment or credit card payments can be made online through our booking system (I Ticket) in cooperation with Bambora AB (Epay) and are deducted upon checkout. All prices and transactions are stated in Norwegian Krone (NOK) and includes payment fees and VAT.
- Cancellation – All cancellations and reductions in numbers should be notified as soon as possible by email to email@example.com. Any cancellations within the 21 day period prior to the activity date will result in the group leader being held liable for the full cost of the cancelled activity or reduction. Cancellations made before 18:00, 21 days prior to the scheduled activity are entitled to a 100% refund.
Please note that these terms do not apply for packages, where typically a refund will not be given within 60 days of arrival unless stated otherwise.
- If We Cancel or Make Changes – In the event of us having to cancel an activity, a full deposit will be refunded or a free transfer to an alternative date or activity of the same value (where available) offered. Camp Troll will not be liable for any loss damage or expense resulting from force majeure or any unforeseen circumstances outside of their control, for example inclement weather, government intervention, a change in the law, epidemic and/or pandemics, change of venue for safety purposes. Camp Troll reserve the right to amend the running order of your activity day should this be necessary to provide the best service possible.
- Insurance and Safety – Camp Troll have full public liability insurance. It is the nature of adventure activities that there will always be some degree of risk. Our insurance does not cover you for inherent risks or client negligence. Whilst not mandatory you may wish to arrange your own personal injury and travel insurance, as you might be held accountable for any damaged or lost property during your stay or activity. Camp Troll does not take responsibility for personal belongings and equipment brought along on any of our activities. For your own safety it is imperative that you abide by the decisions of our guides. We reserve the right to make changes to planned routes and venues as a result of adverse or impending conditions.
- Alcohol and Drugs – Camp Troll also reserves the right to refuse participation to clients that they believe to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and in such circumstances no refunds shall be given.
- Parental Consent – It is a legal requirement for anyone under the age of 18 years to have parental consent. Parental consent forms are available in email format on request and must be completed prior to joining us on any activity, unless the parent is taking part in the activity with them. Participants under the age of 14 are required to have a parent or chaperon present under all activities.
- Transport – Our activities may take place at several locations on the Lyngen peninsula and surrounding municipalities, chosen especially to suit the activity. Please note carefully the location in your confirmation email and it is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive on time and safely. Although we will always help where possible, Camp Troll will not be responsible for lateness or non arrival due to breakdown, traffic or unplanned timings. If you need assistance, please ask a member of the team as soon as possible.
- Quotes – If you have received an offer from us on a private or charter trip package, any quote that includes external suppliers are subject to price adjustment. And we may bill you in arrears for all extra costs incurred as a result of failure to abide by the provided schedule. The same goes for any request that alters the timetable, content, or duration of the already received schedule.
- Disputes – If you feel that we have under-delivered on our promise, and/or you have not received the product sold to you according to description. Please let us know immediately so we can work out a solution together. Any legal disputes and/or challenges will only be dealt with in a Norwegian court of law.
- Covid 19 (Corona) If you have to cancel or change your travel plans due to Covid-19, we strongly recommend that you have a valid travel insurance, so that your insurance company can refund you if you have to cancel due to the ongoing Corona Pandemic situation. This includes if you must be quarantined because you are ill, have been tested for the coronavirus and are waiting for a test result or have been diagnosed with a Covid 19 (Corona) infection. If you must cancel your booking due to travel restrictions we may and at our discretion, in some circumstances and subject to certain conditions, offer guests the opportunity to move their booking to a future date up to 18 months in the future. This will depend on availability and in line with other policies of the reservation.
- Dialogue – Camp Troll maintains the privacy of all messages and does not transfer personal information to any third party, unless required to deliver your ordered activity. Emails and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received any email in error please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information regarding your data and how it is stored and or used please refer to our Register Description.
- Media – Camp Troll may publish videos and or pictures from our tours, on our webpage and social media sites as a part of our marketing strategy. If you do not want to appear in any of the posted media please let us know beforehand. If we already have posted any form of media with you clearly visible in it, and you want it removed; Please attach a link to the media regarding and send it to book@lyngen,com and we will remove it as soon as possible.
All guests are required to compete a declaration form before embarking on the trip. You can see a copy of it here.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to welcoming you.